Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Research, Research, Research

This summer's theme has been "Research."  

I am starting my 10th year of teaching this fall and am currently in this middle of my Master's program.  This is why it's a researching kind of summer.  I think of myself as a life-long learner and I'm always reading articles and searching out ideas, but this summer has been even more so.  I think that researching is a great thing.  Teachers should always do reading.  Teachers should always want to improve.  I am always wanting to get better, but I have to say that this summer I am feeling very inadequate as a teacher.  I think I have done too much reading and found too many new ideas and things I want to try, and I know that I can't do them all....but I want to.  I keep having to step back and remind myself that I have come a long way in 10 years and still have many more years to improve my teaching.  I always want to keep improving.  But yes, I am feeling overwhelmed by all that I want to do, should do, wish I could do.  

I am looking forward to this school year, because I am energized and have ideas.  I just need to make sure I keep things simple.  Improve where I can, and make sure I implement well and knock the socks off my math students.  

Back to researching...

***EDIT:  And moments after I hit publish I come across this article.  How timely.  I am not alone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment